Wednesday 4 November 2009

4 November 2009

Ok so it’s a few days since I wrote a blog so I thought I’d try and update. I played on Sunday afternoon at the ‘G’, well I should say I attended rather than played. I don’t think I did anything wrong it was a case of being totally card dead and / or running into monster hands.

Monday evening I played in a regular home game with a group of friends, 2 x £6 tournaments. I really enjoy Monday evenings as it is a chance to relax, chat and play poker. Two of the girls are heading out to Las Vegas on Saturday so good luck Lisa and Lorraine!

Last night I played at the ‘G’ in Blackpool in the £30 double chance, 2 x 4000 chips. There were 49 players and my first 4000 chips went up and down like a bride’s nightie! I reached the break with 9,200 (including my second stack). I didn’t really pick up many big hands and after the break I struggled to build on my stack.

I managed to final table mainly due to checking my BB when down to 4,000 (blinds 800/1600) when I was holding 8,6 off suit against 2 limpers. The flop came 8,8,6 – giving me the top house. The other players missed the flop and the turn however I managed to pick up a call on the river when I pushed ‘All –In’ from Chris who was the chip leader by some margin who put me on the steal. This in effect more than doubled me through due to the third player’s limp and saw me to the final table of 10.

On the final table I was amongst the short stacks so initially set myself the goal of cashing (top 7). This I achieved eventually coming 6th however I did fold a pair of 8’s pre-flop as two other player’s were All In and the chip leader had called. Yes I know the value purists will say it was a poor fold as the pot value was there to make the call especially with a ‘made hand’. Remember I had set myself the goal of cashing and this fold allowed me to ladder up, as it turned out I would have been sent crashing out in 7th had I played. This could be important in the forth coming GukPT if I do manage to hit the cash payouts.

Tonight Wednesday 4th November I am one of 18 players taking part in the Final Satellite for one of 4 main event seats, I will update my blog on how I got on.

Entries: 49
Prize Pool: £1470
Position Name Prize
1 Christopher Michael £520
2 Robert Bright £340
3 Liam Dennehy £240
4 Anon £170
5 Anon £100
6 John David Hare £60
7 Paul Worsley £40

No comments:

Post a Comment