Saturday 7 November 2009

GukPT £100 Re-Buy 8 November 2009


I decided to take a shot at this event before the Main Event I will not be able to play any of the other events due to work however I set a budget of £300 for re-buys / add-ons. 88 players entered this event and generated a very healthy prize pool of £21,300.

I drew table 3 and found myself playing with a mixed group of ability and age including one young guy who clearly had little or no live playing experience (online player I suspect). The early play was quiet and the table was passive pre-flop however the limpers would then call re-raises from later position. I saw a few early flops with small to medium pairs however could not trip any of these up. About 30 minutes in I picked up A,Q suited in clubs and raised the pot strongly getting it heads up with another player. The flop came rags and he checked it and folded to my bet. Hands came and went and my stack was getting short so when I picked up 8,8 I shipped my stack of 1800 into a limped pot and took in down without seeing a flop.

I raised from early position with A,K and was called All-In by a player who had fewer chips than me so I made the call and he turned over K,Q only to spike the Q on the flop. Re-buy time and my stack was 3,500, this went to 7,000 when I slow played top two pairs against a bit of a calling station who pushed with K, rag on the river when I had hit K & J for top two. I then lost an All-In from another player when holding A,K to his push with A,9 when he rivered the 9, this took me back to 4,000.

The ante’s started to bite and I went card dead and found my stack down to 2,400 when I picked up 10,10. I pushed all in only to run into Q,Q and I failed to hit one of the two 10’s in the deck going out in 48th place.

This was not the most successful of evenings however at least I have now experienced the GukPT and am looking forward to the Main Event.

No comments:

Post a Comment