Friday 30 October 2009

30 October 2009

Tonight I played at The Castle in Blackpool in the £30 5k +5k No Limit Texas Hold'em Double Chance Freezeout. Not a lot to say really except I played like a total donkey and crashed out 30 minutes before the break having never hit a hand all night. Well as the saying goes ‘that’s poker’.

Left the tournament and joined what can be described as a fairly ‘active’ cash table, cash is something I’ve got more into over the last 6 months and I do enjoy the game. It a great way of helping you make those ‘value’ calls. During the evening we were joined by three fairly ‘deep stacked’ cash players Alistair ‘The Fox’ Findlay, John ‘Backspinner’ Wood and an unknown called Paul. I stuck to my principle of only pulling up £40 and early on was rewarded when I doubled through twice in consecutive hands when I flopped trip Kings ( A,K hand holding) and then flopping the nuts house (4,3,3, board) when holding 4,4. After this great start the hands dried up a little until late on when I turned the nut house and then I picked up 3,3 on the button and due to my position I played it to a large pre flop raise. After the flop the board read A,6,3, both players bet into in and I decided it was time to push ‘All-In’ so stuck in £100 (pot already £100), both players called and my hand held, the other players holding A,Q and A,6. This put a nice glow on a poor night’s poker, plus a nice wad in the ‘back pocket!’

I am undecided what to play in tomorrow, there is the end of month £100 at the G which would give me great practice for the GukPT however after a heavy week I fancy a relaxing game at the Castle (£20 10,000 chips). I’ll decide when I wake up!

No comments:

Post a Comment